Have you always wanted to experience what it is like to be a captain on a motorboat or houseboat, but you only have little or no experience? Come and visit our Open Day and get behind the wheel during a trial run on one of our boats with our Skippers! Moreover, we are more than happy to tell you everything about our sailing areas and to provide you with tips and tricks about boating and we show you how to plan an unforgettable boating holiday. Our Open Day is not just a fun day out for the starting skipper, but also for the more experienced skippers, the younger captains and other water sports lovers there is plenty to see and to do.
The Open Days of De Drait take place on Saturday the 1st of April in Drachten and on Saturday the 15th of April in Brandenburg an der Havel, both between 11 and 17 o’clock.
For both young and old there is a lot to experience during our Open Day. For example we can provide you with more information about our fleet, the different sailing areas, the skippertraining, the marina, the one way tours and many more. Besides, our skippers invite you on board for a trial run with a boat or you can get on the water by yourself with a SUP-board or Canoe (Drachten), you can take part to the presentation about the one-way tours (Drachten), you can view various boat types, we give information about sailing a houseboat and a official dealer of the Campi Boats, we would love to tell you more about the possibilities of purchasing a Campi Boat and possible our Buy & Charter concept for houseboats and motorboats.
Do you want to take part in our day-closing BBQ (Drachten) or do you want to spend the night on one of our boats? That is definitely possible! Scroll down to sign up!
What to expect during the open day?
- Trial runs on a boat with our experienced skippers;
- Viewing our diverse fleet;
- 5% Event-discount when making a request or option or booking;
- We provide you with information our our boating areas: Friesland in the Netherlands and Brandenburg-Berlijn and Mecklenburg-Voorpommeren in Northern Germany;
- Information about renting a boat at our locations: Drachten, Woudsend, Brandenburg/Havel and Röbel/Müritz;
- Information about renting a boat without a boating license in Friesland;
- Information about renting a boat without a boating license (with Charterschein) in Northern-Germany;
- Experience our day-rental possibilities, like paddling with a Canoe or SUP-board or go sailing with one of our sloops or Randmeer or Valk (Drachten);
- Viewing our marina and information about our yacht service (Drachten);
- A drink and a bite in our renewed Captains Lounge (Drachten) or a snack and drink at our marina in Brandenburg;
- Information about our skipper training before departure and/or the day course;
- As a dealer of the Campi Boats, we are happy to provide you with more information about rental, sales and the Buy & Charter concept of our Campi Houseboats;
- Information about our one way tour between our different sailing areas in the Netherlands and in Germany and in Drachten a lecture will be held with information about the one way tour in the Captains Lounge at 14 o’clock;
- We help you planning your ideal boating route and can give you various tips;
- To close of the day, we organise a BBQ (Drachten);
- Spend the night on one of our boats as a real captain.
Yacht Charter De Drait Woudsend
At Yacht Charter De Drait Woudsend, there is no Open Day being organised. However, we invite you in Drachten to get on board and view also the motor boats and Cutteryachts from Woudsend. Any additional information about our fleet in Woudsend or maybe about sailin routes and other touristic information can be given by our colleagues during the Open Day in Drachten.
Yacht Charter De Drait Röbel/Müritz
There is no Open Day organised in Röbel/Müritz but we are more then happy to also give you some advise about planning your boating holiday in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. There are several equal boats available to view in Drachten or in Brandenburg.
Making a booking request/option or final booking during the Open Day? Than you can take the benefit of the 5% discount on the rental price*. Already curious about our fleet and availability? Check here for any additional information.
*Excl. day rental.
Information one way tours
Are you interested in our one way tours from one of our locations in Friesland to Brandenburg or Röbel in Germany or the other way around? Pay a visit to the presentation at 14.00h in the Captains Lounge during the open day. During this presentation you will get all information about the routes, the required preparation, mooring places and any other things to keep in mind during the tour. Are you not available around 14 o’clock? In case of any questions, we would be happy to answer all your questions.
Marina De Drait in Drachten
Besides the yachtcharter, De Drait in Drachten also has its own marina and shipyard. The marina offers over 500 berths, several roofed berths, yacht service on our own shipyard, winter storage and more. Do you want to get a preview? Check it out right here!
Are you interested in buying a Campi Houseboat? During the Open Day in Drachten, you can view our Campi 300, Campi 340 and Campi 400 and in Brandenburg the Campi 300. We are an official dealer of Campi Boats and we offer besides the sales of a new Campi Houseboat also the possibility to purchase one of the demo-models. It is either possible to purchase a Campi Houseboat for your own use or to charter the boat somewhere else or at Yachtcharter De Drait. Do you want more information? Check here.
Sloops and motor yachts
During the open day, we will also present our investment possibilities in diverse motor yachts. Besides, currently there are 4 new boats under construction in Drachten, namely two new Sloop Cabins and two new open sloops, both are the model of our Drachtster Sloep 750. The sloops will be presented as well during the Open Day.
Captains Lounge Drachten
Discover our renewed Captains Lounge during the Open Day. This new brasserie is located at the marina in Drachten. Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea on the terrace.
Sign up for the Open Day
Are you planning to come by on our Open Day? That is great! Sign up here! Do you still have any questions or do you want to receive any more information? Get in touch with us by Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone by calling +31 512 513276.
Barbeque, overnight stay and breakfast
Taking part to our day-closing BBQ after the Open Day? That is possible for only €25 per person (incl. 3 coins for drinks). Kids can take part for only € 15 per person.
An overnight stay on board is also possible. For two people we charge €125 (including cleaning, bed linen and towels). For any additional person an extra amount of €55 is charged (incl. bed linen and towels). Check-in is possible on Saturday the 1st of April in Drachten or on Saturday the 15th of April in Brandenburg from 17.00h on. During the day the boats can still be viewed by other guests.
On Sunday morning we offer the possibility to take breakfast in the Captains Lounge (Drachten) for only €12,50 per person, only in combination with an overnight stay.
Would you like to receive any more information about the Open Day or do already you want to receive a non-binding offer for your boating holiday? Get in touch with us. By Mail: email@example.com or by phone: +31 512 513276.