Would you like to rent a boat, but do you have little or no experience with driving a motorboat? Even though all of our boats are license free, our experienced instructors give you clear instructions before departure and we are happy to help you find your perfect license free sailing route. Sometimes it’s nice (and fun!) to gain a little more experience before departure.
For this reason, we offer skipper training in three different ways:
- Two-hour skipper training – prior to the rental period
- Day course with open enrolment
- Day course for groups and/or special occasions (on request)
1. Skipper training – prior to the rental period
The short skipper training is a course of two hours, in which you learn the basic skills of boat sailing: how to move the boat, moor it and turn it in narrow waterways. This training is special developed for the starting skippers and is customized to your skills.
If you have more experience with driving a boat and would like to practice a little more with the help of our experienced instructor? We also offer trainings for advanced skippers who want to train (for example) special manoeuvres with a boat. For example, manoeuvring and mooring.
This two-hour course takes place on the rented boat, prior to the rental period.
- Duration: at least 2 hours
- Price: € 45 per hour
- Location: training will be on the rented boat
- Date & time: prior to the rental period
How to book:
Are you planning to book a boat, or have you booked a boat and would you like to book a skipper training as an extra? Please contact us by calling 0031 512 513 276 or by emailing email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
2. Skipper training (day course)
Once or twice a year we organise in both Drachten and Brandenburg a skipper training based on open enrollment. This training is instructive and fun for both the starting skipper and the more experienced skipper. This course takes place on board in small groups.
- Reception in our Captains Lounge. While you are enjoying a cup of coffee or tea and cake, our experienced instructors explain the theory of driving a motorboat.
- We embark the boat. You receive more information and practical tips, including how to keep a boat on course and moor it.
- The best part! We are going to sail to learn how to:
- moor the boat alongside and move forward and backward into the box
- turn in narrow waterways
- enable the ‘screw effect’
- moor and sail away ‘with a jump’
- Lunch with for example soup and sandwiches
- We go back on the water to practice some more
- While enjoying a skipper’s drink, each participant receives a certificate
- Duration: entire day
- Price: € 100 (lunch included)
- Location: in both our marinas Jachthaven De Drait in Drachten or in Brandenburg a.d. Havel
- Date & time: Approx. from 9.45 am until 5 pm
How to book:
At this moment we have not planned a date for the next skipper training yet. Would you like to participate in the skipper training (day course) or would you like to receive more information? Then send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or you can reach us by phone via +31 (0)512 513276. It is possible to stay overnight on board of one of our motor yachts* before or after the training. This is possible for € 45 per person including bedding and towels.
*Based on availability.
3. Skipper training (day course) – open enrolment
In addition to the short course and the skipper training (day course), we also offer a skipper training in the form of a day course. This course is ideal for, for example, a group friends, entrepreneurs and companies who are looking for a fun and informative day out. These courses are scheduled on request.
The program is equal to the program of the Skipper training (day course).
How to book:
Are you interested in organising a skipper training for a day? For your employees, for example or for a group of friends or fellow entrepreneurs? For more information and price enquiries, please contact us by calling 0031 512 513 276 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. We are happy to look at the options and availability.
Can we keep you informed?
Do you want to stay informed about our skipper training? Then please sign up for our mailing list.